VPNLand Inc. ( «us», «we» or «our» ) provides VPN service “LifetimeVPN” (« service »).
As a privacy service we realize how important it is that our customers fully understand what personal data we collect, store and process.
We do NOT keep logs of your VPN sessions, browsing behavior, websites you visit or any activity related to your VPN connection.
What does this policy cover?
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
This policy does not apply to any third-party service or product even if we are affiliated with such a third-party service or product. Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
By using our website, services or products you are accepting the terms in this policy.
What personal data do we collect and store when you sign up?
To maximize your privacy we collect the minimum information required, and that is your email address. We store your email address. These data are collected during registration and are required to connect the service to the account. User can request data to be deleted.
We do not request or store your name, IP address or physical addresses or any other personal information. We may use your Personal Data within your account, i.e. your email address, to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. You consent to this processing by signing up for a LifetimeVPN.com account.
What information gets processed when our customers connect to our VPN service?
We create temporary connections by generating random internal (local) IP addresses. Data is maintained by us for troubleshooting purposes. Every few hours this information is deleted.
We do not monitor or log your browsing behavior. All the usage data is anonymous and not connected to your real, public IP address.
Upon connection termination we process the amount of traffic you have spent during your VPN session to update the traffic usage counters.
What personal data do we process when you use our website?
We may process data about your use of our websites (“website usage data”). The website usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and patterns of your visits. The source of the website usage data are the web server logs. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest, namely security, monitoring, protecting and improving our website and services.
What personal data do we process when you contact us or our support over email, live chat or support forms?
We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include your email, the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website or mail servers will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms or SMTP protocol. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. Our legitimate interest is to provide the best possible customer support experience for you and to improve our services.
For online chat we use third side services.
How and why do we process the collected data?
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide, maintain and further develop our Services
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support, which includes sending password reset emails
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services or to do scientific research
- To monitor the usage of our Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To detect and prevent fraud or other criminal activities
- To execute the terms of a contract you have made with us or to enter into a contract with us
- For compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
LifetimeVPN.com uses your personal data as outlined in this policy. Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us.
Anonymous diagnostic and crash reports?
With your consent we may collect anonymized crash reports and network diagnostics. This information can not be tied back to your VPN usage.
Our applications may transmit:
- Diagnostic information regarding the connection setup/failure
- Speed tests
- Crash reports
What information is stored when I stop using your service?
Once a VPN service account is terminated on our network, all data associated with that VPN service account including the VPN service account itself is deleted from all of our systems.
What happens if you receive a legal notice such as a DMCA for copyright material that I have downloaded?
Since our customers are anonymous when using our service, such notices are directed to LifetimeVPN.com and our legal department will issue an appropriate response. Since we store no connection logs, we cannot associate the notice with a customer identity.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update or delete your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
• To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
• To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate or update any Personal data held about you
• To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
• To restrict the processing of your Personal Data
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- To enable certain functions of the Service
- To provide analytics
- To store your preferences. We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Accounts-related cookies. We may use accounts-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way the Service behaves or looks, such as the “remember me” functionality.
- Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information how the Service is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Service to see how our users react to them.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
Links To Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Changes to policy
You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes to this policy.
Website LifetimeVPN.com and VPN service is owned and operated by VPNLand Inc.
You may contact us:
By email: [email protected]
By website: https://lifetimevpn.com
Effective date Feb 28, 2020